Cantaloupe, Fennel, Urfa Pepper Salad


I tend to make a lot of fruit salads in summer and pair them with grilled meats. I mean, what could be easier and more delicious than that, given the amount of time it requires? I made a super easy grilled chicken based off of this recipe (just used whole chicken thighs - skinless & boneless). It's a simple marinade of tomato paste, lots of garlic, olive oil and ground coriander. I've made it three times already this summer and will likely keep making it year after year, given how simple and fabulous it is.  The salad came together in 20 minutes while the grill was going. Expect the salad to taste sweet, salty, sour and hot...all in one bite. So so good!

Recipe: my own
Makes 6 servings

Ingredients:
1 small cantaloupe (about 2 to 2.5 lbs), peeled and wedges thinly sliced on the mandolin on the smallest blade
1 large-ish fennel bulb, thinly sliced on the mandolin on the smallest blade, reserve fronds for garnish
2 cups tarragon leaves (or substitute basil)
6 oz ricotta salata, thinly shaved and roughly crumbled
1 tsp urfa pepper
smoked salt to taste
6 tbsp white wine vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil

Procedure:
Toss cantaloupe, fennel and tarragon in a large bowl. Spread the salad on a large flat platter. Top with ricotta salt, urfa pepper and smoked salt. Drizzle white wine vinegar and olive oil. Garnishw with reserved fennel fronds. Toss right before serving.

Comments

  1. What a lovely way to showcase summer cantaloupe. I admit I usually just eat it chilled and sliced. But this recipe is so easy, and I love anything with cheese, so I am definitely making it before fall arrives.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment